So today is National Cookie Day and we loooooove a good cookie. Here’s to an oldie but always a goodie… Snickerdoodles. This is how we make them:
For the cookie:
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, plus 1 yolk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 3/4 cups of flour
For the cinnamon sugar:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Lightly coat cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- In a mixer, mix butter, sugar, and light brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, yolk, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt and cinnamon.
- Add flour and mix until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, make cinnamon sugar by mixing the cinnamon and sugar together until evenly combined.
- Using a mini ice cream scooper, scoop out cookie dough and roll into a dough ball. Then roll the ball around the cinnamon sugar mixture until coated.
- Place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes (we like warm cookies in this house) and then…
…in the words of that smart guy Cookie Monster, “EAT COOOOOKIESSS!!! Nom. Nom. Nom.”