So at the Cook residence with a 2-month old and all the other obligations of the day, good food is something that my husband and I look forward to. Aria is still a little young for us to be toting in and out of restaurants, so we tend to bring the restaurant home. And since both my husband and I looooove to cook, making burger night special is kind of a homerun and no-brainer.
These burgers were so quick and easy and most importantly delicious that I just knew that I needed to share it with you. So busy moms – and dads – this one’s for you. Holy hamburger night, Batman! This is gonna be good. Check the recipe:
- 2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 diced jalapeño
- 1 diced small yellow onion
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, plus a pinch
- hefty pinch dried basil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, plus a pinch
- Combine all the vegetables (jalapeño, mushrooms, onion) and sautée until tender. Season with the pinches of sea salt and pepper.
- Add seasoned vegetables to ground sirloin. Add additional spices and blend well.
- Shape into 6 oz. hamburger patties.
- Grill to desired level of doneness. (Personally, I love a well-done burger, but if you’re a medium-well type of person – go for it!)
- Toast your bun and add your desired trimmings.
Here’s a little bonus too! What’s a good burger without delicious fries??? Those mouthwatering ones that are fresh cut with the skin on – oh my gosh, I might have to make some for lunch! This is easy too. All you need is a a few large russet potatoes, some vegetable oil and a fryer.
Directions for the fries:
- Slice the potatoes to resemble fries. Soak in cold water for about 10 minutes. Drain.
- The key to yummy, crispy french fries is to double fry them. Sounds crazy right? Trust me. Set your deep fryer to about 275°. Your first fry should be at this temperature for about 4 to 5 minutes. Just to quickly cook them. They shouldn’t have any color at all at this point. Drain the grease off the fries.
- Adjust your deep fryer to 300°. Now when you drop your fries, they’ll go until they get that beautiful golden color. Probably another 4 minutes.
I do hope you enjoy this as much as we do. Bon appetit.